Skip to main content

Reply to "USC"

Heybatter,

With all due respect, USC didn't exactly beat my Hokies "handily". Tech led by 3 in the third quarter and completed a pass to the USC 10, but what the media has called a "phantom" pass interference call wiped it out and they don't score that series. I honestly think if that call isn't blown, Tech scores and goes up by 10 late in the third quarter, and most likely pulls off the upset as they had a very solid defense. USC scored late to make it a 9 or 10 point win, but I was there, along with about 80,000 other Hokie fans (and about 5000 USC faithful), and "handily" makes it more than it was. Nevertheless, hat's off to USC-they managed to win, in front of a hostile crowd, and they deserve their number 1 ranking.

Two things though:

(1)The band REALLY needs to learn another song. That fight song is indeed catchy, but they played it over and over and over and over. (although I'm sure the USC folks love to hear it)

(2) USC's cheerleaders are infamous for how they fit those sweaters, but it was 85 degrees that night-those poor gals had to be roasting!