Skip to main content

Reply to "USC"

HokieOne- wanted to apologize for my choice of words regarding VaTech and their game with SC. Swept away in the euphoria I guess in down playing the fine game VA Tech played. Va TEch is an excellent program and have my complete respect. They are absolutely a class act, Coach Beamer etc..

As far as those SC cheerleader uniforms, rain or shine, cold or 100 degrees that's what they wear and are known for.

As far as the band, that fight song is played incessantly. It's played after every score and throughout the game. They actuallly do know some other songs but noidea

Actually I do think the song is intentionally repeated to be annoying. One of the traditions of SC is also the cheer "WE ARE, SC". It's sort of an admittedly arrogant message that we are SC and couldn't care less who you are. To that end, the school refers to itself as THE University. Rarely ever hear a cheer by SC that mentions the other team.

The SC attitude definitely doesn't engender a lot of friends laugh and definitely engenders a great deal of "dislike" from opponents. In SoCal the SC fan base is typically alums and the extended alumni family. don't get alot of following from those that don't have some connection to the school. It's pretty much the school people "love to hate".

But with 11 football championships, 12 baseball championships and 25+ track and field championships, plus swimming, tennis and other titles, hey, WE ARE SC Wink