Skip to main content

Reply to "USSSA Elite World Series"

Smitty28 posted:
4arms posted:

Thank you for the feedback Cabbagedad.  Even though he just turned 14, my son has played up and has had success in numerous showcase events. The USSSA Elite World Series will be an expensive trip so I guess I was trying to decide if this tournament is anywhere near as competitive as say the PG 14U WWBA.  This is our first experience with this so I'm thankful for this resource and everyone's input.

I think USSSA has good competitive tournaments at 12U and below.  By 14U most of the better players are in programs that play in PG events.  So if you are looking for the best competition I would suggest the PG 14U WWBA and the 14U PG World Series.  I'd also add the JOs (Team USA Championships). If you are looking for exposure you may get some at these events (if your kid is a top stud who is already on radar screens of college coaches), but you definitely will not get exposure at USSSA.

Experiences will vary from state to state and region to region. USSSA dominates the area through 14u. 16u is prominent for 15yos. I don’t believe there’s a WWBA event within a few hundred miles of where my kids grew up.