Skip to main content

Reply to "UVA and VT early commits?"

quote:
Originally posted by golfball:

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to post any names. I'd hate to see a kid get picked apart about whether he is or is not ACC worthy. I'm sure that is not your intention, but it could happen.

Golfball,
You're right. I certainly do not want this to degrade into a discussion of which individual players are ACC worthy. My point was that if ACC-worthy players are being systematically ignored by VT, other ACC or elite conference schools would swoop in to take advantage of the market inefficiency, and we'd be hearing stories about kids landing at those schools after failing to get their calls returned by UVA and VT. That's just not happening.

As far as El Gato's stats, I'm not sure what he thinks they prove. They basically reflect the fact that players generally play in their home state or somewhere south of their home state. Well, duh. And since so many of Virginia's best travel teams spend so much time in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida, it's not surprising that many of their best players attend schools in those states. Whatever the stats show, they certainly do not show that VT and UVA don't want the best Virginia players.