Skip to main content

Reply to "UVA vs. VCU Tuesday Night"

Originally Posted by VaBaseball1919:
Originally Posted by Midlo Dad:

"Richmond vs Cornell finally the new turf ready at Pitt field!"

Big step for a program that is rapidly ascending.  (Currently leading the A10.)

Question:  Do the improvements mean we'll have to pay to see games there now?  It's been the last of the freebies over the past several years.

I"d love to see UR begin to be more active in the recruiting of Richmond area kids. I think they have a couple coming in but if I recall, only 1 local kid on the roster now. It's a great school and they have their challenges in 11.7 scholarship world with the tuition…but I think there would be a lot more interest in the program if they had a few more local kids. I know Woodson has said that he wants to have a better footprint in the local area so maybe we'll see more familiar faces on their roster. 

Hi, Guys,

Coach Woodson has an even tougher job than you think.  

My son attended the prospect camp this Winter and in an excellent hour-long Q&A session at their top notch dining hall, he told us that he's not fully funded for scholarships.  He only has nine now.  I got ahold of him a little while later just to shoot the breeze and he's fighting for a tenth.  We talked academic scholarship opportunities and yeah... there are some pretty competitive kids there.

He's gonna build something special here, there's no doubt.  Hometown guy who loves to compete, doing business in a place with a ton of 'curb appeal'.  Unfortunately for my son, we're not gonna be in a financial situation where we can help him build it.