Skip to main content

Reply to "UVA vs. VCU Tuesday Night"

Originally Posted by PIS:

Woodson has already signed several VA kids w/ a few Richmond area kids on that list.

While I think any coach wants to "win" his state in recruiting, I think you have to look at the big picture.

University of Richmond is a High Academic Private $60,000 per year college.  The reality is you can't count on having an RVA based team.

A 25% scholarship leaves a family out of pocket almost $200,000.

Academic scholarship?  Ha!  Good luck.  Every kid there was top 10 in his high school class.

So that means the staff has to scour the nation looking for high level baseball players that are very smart and come from families making lots of money or very little money (financial aid).  To find just 1 kid a year in Richmond that fits that criteria would be great.  

Tracey Woodson was just interviewed on Top Coach Podcast.  If you aren't already addicted to TCP you will be soon… http://topcoachpodcast.com/?p=1285

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com/bus_tour

I don't disagree with your assessment of UR and challenges in finding the right-fit kids. I do think its reasonable to think that their roster will ultimately have more than 1 or 2 RVA kids, though. If I'm not mistaken, even Harvard has a decent smattering of kids that are from their area. Winning at home is usually the first step in building a program and it will be tougher at UR.