Skip to main content

Reply to "Vaccination Benefit"

I know people whose attitude is, if a have to wear a mask and things are still shut down why bother to get vaccinated. They said when things open up they will get the shot.

I got mine because being 66 gave me priority. It’s a mess now that’s it’s come one, come all. I was never worried about dying from Covid. I’m fit and healthy. I haven’t had the flu since I was twelve. Healthy people who aren’t prone to getting the flu had real low odds of getting Covid. I flew over Thanksgiving and took the train at Christmas. I went to a BBQ last summer. I had ten people over for the Super Bowl.

A friend’s wife hasn’t been out of the house for a year other to get in the car and drive someplace there weren’t people. She wouldn’t let him near me for two weeks after I traveled even though I returned and tested negative.*

I only know one person (early thirties) who got Covid and got real sick. As a prosecutor in another state my daughter is a county employee. Getting vaccinated was optional.

The last year should have been ... Here are the risks. Here’s how you avoid the risk. Make adult decisions. We’re the government, not your mommy.

* I need to go somewhere in public the day after returning on a flight. Testing negative allowed me to be in public. The foolishness of this rule is I could have tested positive any of the following ten days.

Last edited by RJM