Skip to main content

Reply to "Value of different PG events"

All one has to do is look at my 2016s PG profile to know that our family has extensive experience with PG events.  Been to almost every event in TX from PG Super 25, South Texas Qualifier, etc. and most of them multiple times.  About 20 events in total.

I never found the on campus events to be that great of exposure to anyone other than that school.  I did see the UT RC at a TX State event because they were recruiting son's team's CF really hard at that point.  Also saw the TCU PC at A&M once when they were battling over a kid who ultimately signed with the Marlins.  Not saying there weren't more but I don't recall seeing them.

Seems crazy to say this but from our experience it seems the best 3 events for exposure to TX coaches aren't even in TX.  I even joked with my son's future college about that fact and he agreed.  They would be the PG Underclass in the fall in Ft Myers, the WWBA in Atlanta in the summer, and Jupiter.  My son and most of his teammates (10 or 11 D1 guys last summer) were all almost seen initially at one of those 3 events by their TX schools.  They might have had a PG showcase and some initial interest but the coaches went there when it was decision time.