Skip to main content

Reply to "Varsity Coach Resenting Showcase Coach"

Lets step away from the JV Coach aspect and return to the original post regarding HS coaches resenting travel/showcase teams

I know the above exists but there are many HS coaches who truly appreciate their players being on a travel/showcase team in the summer/fall seasons. We have HS coaches who send us players because they feel that they will get a better and improved player back in the spring. I find it difficult to understand the negative thinking---it is not like the travel/showcase team is stealing their player--not at all--they are supplementing the HS Coaches teaching plus here in our region the HS season is merely 20 games while during the summer the player can play every weekend and play upwards of 40 games depending on the schedule and ALSO have great exposure--if the college coach likes a player from HS XYZ isn't that a compliment to the HS coach and his program and perhaps the college will look at his players more often--it is certainly not much different from our staff knowing which coaches and high schools have solid players every year--realize that there are certain HS programs that place their players in college every year and the kids do not have to be studs--the college coaches know that those HS coaches and programs have well schooled players who know and understand the game

This also holds true on the travel/showcase teams because the colleges know who the solid programs are.

I say to these dissenting HS Coaches : Please open your eyes and see the big picture--swallow your pride