Skip to main content

Reply to "Varsity High School Team - 22 players"

CaCO3Girl posted:
adbono posted:

What I have seen firsthand, in 2 different programs, is coaches cave in to political pressure from parents, booster club, and administrators to defer to seniors when they weren’t the best player.  I think it is a big mistake and in the long run doesn’t do the kids any favors. 

As far as I have seen there is no political pressure from anyone, if there is the coach doesn't seem to care.  

RF might be played by 3 seniors one night.  Is that really so bad?  You still have the two D1 11th grader commits in at MIF.  No one makes the team that can't perform, is the senior the best RF, maybe not, but he can track and catch and get the ball in, so why not play him? There are preseason games that don't count, there is a senior night, there are good blow outs and bad blow outs, there are chances to play the seniors. If and when you get to the state championships you can be more discerning, until then why not play the seniors?

Because You don’t won’t get to the state championships by playing inferior players all season long, then bring on the studs. I pray that you don’t coach a sports team beyond little league.