Skip to main content

Reply to "Varsity High School Team - 22 players"

adbono posted:
hshuler posted:

My son plays in the highest classification in Georgia. Our coach is expected to win so he tells parents and players that the best nine will play. 

Last year, we lost in the semis with two seniors, two juniors, two sophomores and three freshmen in the starting lineup. 

This year, we have two seniors, four juniors and three sophomores in the starting lineup. 

He lets the Dugout Club handle all of the off the field duties. He doesn’t know or care who raised the most money, he wants to coach and develop players. 

I’ve seen kids of parents who were heavily involved in volunteering get cut. None of that will determine playing time in his program. 

The AD, who just happens to be a legitimate baseball guy, supports him completely and the kids absolutely love and respect him. 

I guess it’s not the norm everywhere but we feel very fortunate that our son plays for him. 

What you described is absolutely not the norm, and you should feel very fortunate indeed !

Trust me - I do. 

We have several friends around the country and their sons’ high school experiences cover just about anything that you can think of.