Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity"

Originally Posted by Goosegg:

Why are you getting so hung up on a PG rating? Or an evaluation from a single outing at a camp?  Beauty (or in this case, recruitabilty) is in the eye of the beholder - and at the D1 level the beholder needs to eye the athlete. 

S didn't have a PG rating (he didn't do any PG events, and wasn't on any travel teams beyond ninth grade)). As far as I can tell it didn't make a whit of difference in his recruiting journey.

I'm of the understanding that College recruiters actually look at this stuff. They will want to see a potential recruit up close and personal (no doubt). They may want to look at a list of uncommitted by year of graduation. They may keep a list of kids they follow or wish to follow. So, wouldn't you want an obsolete velocity (velocity being the be all and end all) replaced. I'm also under the impression (maybe others can weigh in) that playing on a good select/travel team pays more dividends than perhaps HS ball simply because of schedules. To your final point regarding recruiting paths; I'd be interested in your view.

Last edited by CoachJackE