Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity"

Originally Posted by 2020dad:
I think hs ball and travel ball can be equal partners.  Something to be said for both.  The quality of travel ball is really exciting.  The thrill of making a run in the post season and playing with your buddies who maybe can't play travel is a lot of fun.  As for recruiting though there is no doubt the vast majority is done during travel ball.

Without a doubt watching a recruit play at the highest level most likely will be the indicator for an offer. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But to imply that college coaches do not come to watch HS games isn't correct. 

Especially from hot bed states where a large portion of their players come from there.

BTW Vanderbilt had 12 players from TN. That's 1/3 of the roster and I am sure that one of those coaches watched a HS game within state.

Of course if you attend a PG tourney and you are a ranked player or have contact with an out of state coach, they will be out there watching.  

The whole idea is to never assume that you will be discovered by a coach by just playing HS ball.  But don't not assume a local coach will never show up to watch you play.

JMO