Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity for age 10"

quote:

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:

Younggundad,

are you trying to tell mw that you have never went to an event where they had a gun set up and didn't see any 10 year olds seeing how hard they throw? If that is the case you must live on Mars.

That's exactly what I am telling you. Not trying. Not 1 gun has ever been around a 10yr old game Ive been to. Well, maybe a toy gun.

You can't be serious that LL kids do not wonder what velocity they or their teamates pitch at. Thats ridiculous.

No. Not ridiculous at all. A reality. You keep pounding the same drum and I keep telling you that not every kid in America cares how FAST another is throwing. Who cares for pete sake?!

As far as I can tell, from this board, that velocity is as much or more of a focal point than any other subject in developing baseball players.

You keep throwing the baby out with the bath water every time you reply back. Yes velocity is a well versed topic here on HSBBW, however, 99.9% of the time it's in the context of 16yr olds and up. And to narrow it on down it's more about those kids who are looking to finding a college after HS or players hoping to get drafted.