Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity Increase"

Originally Posted by Scotty83:

Started gunning my 2019 in 2013 when he was 12. He learned a change up and wanted to see the actual difference. This was in March right before the middle school season started. We did it again the next two years just to see what the improvement might be. He has worked on mechanics the last two year but we haven't done any velocity training and do not plan on it until that elbow growth plate closes. This was with a stalker.

2013 12 years old 5'2" 85 lbs 55mph
2014 13 years old 5'8" 110 lbs 62 mph
2015 14 years old 5'10" 135 lbs 73 mph

Pretty sure all his gains have came from growth. Most mechanical changes have been accuracy related or just being more concistant in what he was already doing.

What's funny is I've talked to a half a dozen kids or so who say they touch 80 so since my son throws harder than them he must be in the 80's. I just smile and say yep he must be hahaha.

80 at 12 would be ridiculous.  Is it possible?  Not sure.  Open minded to it but never have seen it.  However there is one kid in our area at 13 who I have personally gunned at 79 (and no not my son so I have no reason to lie, wish it was my kid though!) And I am sure he will hit 80 before season's end.  How many are.there in the whole country who can do that?  I would guess not many.