Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity Increase"

As time goes by, i'm sure technology will advance and allow for more analytics/statistics and kids/parents will learn and adjust training from that data. I recall sitting in Jupiter a few years ago and watching my son throw a few innings vs the EvoShield Canes. Trackman was relatively new and i paid the fee to get the few metrics of live data they offered for pitchers. I'm kinda geeky. It was fun to watch the different pitches, velo, spin rate and then see "where he stacked up with the best" after the tourney. All in all, he was right up there with the best of who attended but was not tall enough to excite the pro scouts to consider drafting him. He had the velo, the spin rate, the + curve and not the frame. He probably lacked real pitching experience, lacked a solid 3rd pitch and needed time to develop. Everything turned out okay. I say track all the data you want and use it, if that works for your kid....technology is cool.

By the way, our best pitcher on son's college team is a mid/upper 80s, 6'5" LHP. He #carves.