Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity Increase"

Shove, 

Having your son stats tracked by track man in HS serves a purpose, because it gives you and him and coaches an idea of where he fits in for recruiting. This was more or less about tracking young players.  

Reality is most will have gains before HS.  It is the natural progression for most, but 9 out of 10 will stop that progression until they begin really good conditioning program. I think that most will agree that when your sons return from college for Thanksgiving you are amazed how they look. Also pitchers will pick up a few mph and hitters a bit more power. 

Yes, I have posted the best pitcher at Clemson doesn't go near 90. He has actually gained some mph with improved mechanics.  Are scouts intetested. I sat behind a few scouts who were filming him during FSU series, so yes, definetly. HE GETS HITTERS OUT!  

So once again we are back to the importance of velocity. If your son can get hitters out at the next level, he doesn't have to hit 95,96. Only a very few will ever.

Let your young pitcher learn how to pitch!

Can't make the tourney, add me in for cheers from Fl. Wairing for regional site, hopefully at home.