Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity Numbers?"

Again, what a great group to get feedback from.   From an academic point of view, he is a 3.6 after his freshman year.  From a college point of view, he has no idea what he wants...  I think we need to take some time this summer and just go visit campus's to see what he likes.   

Joining the Fall/Winter club team 2 years ago opened my eyes to this college baseball thing (and his too!).  Every Sr that plays on our club plays ball somewhere (all levels and varies from year to year).  Last year they had 12 D1 commits.  The 2019 group (very talented group) already has 8 D1 commits.  Getting to know and see some of those kids, and playing along side and against some talented 2020's has been eye opening too.  We were in Vegas for a tournament in Oct. and he hit very well.  Not sure how good the competition really was though.  We have a PG tournament in AZ this  Jan.  That should be a good test.

Ultimately he has been doing exactly what D1catcher said above.  Working hard at getting bigger/faster/stronger in the gym this winter.  I guess in March we will find out what that does to his "measurable's".