Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity vs. accuracy for young pitchers."

quote:
Originally posted by Skylark:
Clean mechanics can be described as pitching without pain.

So you're saying that every single pitcher that hurts their arm has bad mechanics, and every single pitcher that doesn't hurt their arm has clean mechanics?

I pitched from age 9 to age 21 without arm pain. Never hurt. Always fresh. Always felt good.

Now, I have a scar.

Does that mean that during all those innings I threw from 9-21 I had perfect mechanics, and when I hurt my arm my mechanics turned bad?

Dr. Andrews disagrees with you. He wants pitch count limitations on youth pitchers and lays out guidelines for days of rest. He understands that it is dangerous for youth pitchers to pitch and he understands that pitching as a youth can cause damage going into the future. You ask for evidence? Watch the Little League World Series every year on ESPN. They have rules about this. Dr. Andrews created them.

So here's how I'm interpreting this thus far: you say there's no evidence that pitching a lot as a youth causes injury over the years. Dr. Andrews says you're wrong. You say that if a kid's arm isn't bothering him when he's pitching then he's fine and he won't get hurt in the future. My scar says you're wrong.

Any other personal beliefs and theories that you have that you'd like to share? Evidence and research isn't necessary, since you've never cited anything to prove your opinions in the past. You just try to buck the trend of the scientific community and then proceed to belittle other posters like myself, Bum and TPM when we argue your point with facts.

I will give you one brownie point, however. I'm impressed that it took you a whole year since you got suspended posting under a different name to restart your outlandish statements. I thought maybe you'd learned and listened throughout that year, and was pleased to see some beneficial contribution to the boards.
Last edited by J H