Skip to main content

Reply to "Velocity vs. accuracy for young pitchers."

quote:
Originally posted by bball123:
I believe both, TPM and Skylark (and others), are looking from different viewpoints. If a pitcher started at a young age 8,9 in LL or Pony and just play in Spring and observe all the pitch counts and limits, and compare to a pitcher that start pitching at 11,12 and play all year round, local league and travel balls, I believe the later one who started late may not fair any better or worse when both pitchers reach the age of say 17. Both might have thrown the same number of pitches thru their lifetime up of to 17 years' old. The former one over a longer period, the later one over a shorter period.

I can't speak for anyone else but only my opinion.
I live in FL, where often children play all year long. Others live in states where they get only a certain time of year to play. At 8 it wasn't LL, it was khoury league, and you pitched. My husband took him out of coach pitch because he wanted him to learn how to pitch at a young age.

I am saying I feel it wasn't necessary, and sorry that he didn't wait until later. I feel son threw unnecessarily at a young age.

Not sure why that is so hard a concept to ingest.