Skip to main content

Reply to "Venting...When is it a must swing...tough start to a season!"

rynoattack posted:
No! Don't Call Bunt! posted:
Steve A. posted:
Teaching Elder posted:

You know how Tebow made it to AA?  

'Cause he's a millennial and said to the ownership, "I've been here on the team for 3 months now.   I'm pretty sure I deserve a promotion."

Shazam!  3 more pages.  Bwahahaha.

Just across the wire: "Tim Tebow demoted to A ball." Sources say team management noted his unwillingness to be aggressive on borderline 3-1 pitches with runners in scoring position as a contributing factor in decision....

What makes this funny is.....if you don't think that is true...you are CRAZY!  I can just picture the conversation in the clubhouse with the GM...."but sir, I know I keep leaving runners in scoring position...but I draw walks so other people can get RBI.  I think you should move me up the bigs....

Now that is funny..

I have to give you credit...That is funny!

Sometimes.... Well.... Never mind...

Swing Rate percentage and BABIP plus wOBA might be a good way to set a lineup but then we'd need math teachers as baseball coaches

And to be fair, let's talk about weighted on base average (wOBA).  Is a Grand Slam in a tight ballgame truly equal to a solo shot HR in a blowout?  Can we factor wind blowing out vs blowing in within the parameters of wOBA?

Last edited by 3and2Fastball