Skip to main content

Reply to "Verbal offers - more like white wine or red?"

@DanJ posted:

So the question is, should he accept any one of those offers in December, will the dollar amounts be the same?  Will they be fine a la red wine properly stored at room temperature?  Or closer to a white wine that only gets worse over time?

Danj - So, putting aside whether the school is a good fit or not...I believe time is not your friend on any college baseball offer.  Too many things can happen, and usually do.   Sure there are recruits with leverage, but even that is fleeting.   

My son's first offer was to a local D1 (great school!)  with 25% athletic scholly and possible academic money...we were over the moon.   A month later they upped the offer to 50% when they learned he had garnered additional offers.   A week later the RC issued an ultimatum and they gave him 72 hrs (a weekend) to decide yes or no.   It went from this "loosey-goosey-take-your-time-offer" to we need to know now (you've had a enough time to think about it).   

I just don't see this limbo lasting 4 months as you described it.   The roster will be filled and schollies given to those they know they can count on.

JMO.

Last edited by fenwaysouth