Skip to main content

Reply to "Very confused? please help"

quote:
Originally posted by cabbagedad:
quote:
Originally posted by dolphindan1:
.. 2015 is very interested in playing college baseball ...

Also He is in honors classes and slipped a bit on his first progress report so the hammer is down on that...I have explained that grades are the top priority for him right now.

I will expand a bit on this aspect... There is a strong likelihood that he will get far more college money for academics than for baseball. Also, if he has really good grades throughout HS, there will be lots more college baseball school options for him (assuming his playing level will also meet college standards).
Since he is very interested in college baseball, you may be able to use this info to help motivate him through his current academic bumps.
Sr son slipped a bit his freshman year and that is affecting his overall GPA, which we are finding is closing some doors for him, even though he has stepped it up since.
Welcome and best of luck.

Are Honors classes a must? or could college prep classes serve him better? He was put in a couple Honors like Science and Geometry but actually had a higher grade in English and they didnt put him in honors when speaking to his guidance counselot at orientation she thought it was strange and immediately put him in Honors...If he struggles in Honors would I be better off moving him to CP?

Also I think my rush is I just saw a fomer travel ball teammate of his a Sophmore this year just committed to a major D1 school...I mean the best D1 school for baseball...as a Sophmore..I am not saying that kid isnt deserving but man it just threw me off a little...