Skip to main content

Reply to "VHSCA 2009 AAA All State Baseball Team"

First off, this is an impossible task to pick the top 4 players in each position and the top 6 outfielders. There will always be legitimate arguments for players left out and players included.

From what I can tell no one, so far, really understands the selection process for the ALL STATE TEAM which is the primary reason folks question the selections. How are these players selected, what is the specific process? Who, what, when & where's. If we know it could "assist" in clearing the air....

If Menchville, or any other school for that matter, was not considered because stats were not submitted, that IS NOT acting with integrity. You are trying to determine the best of the best and therefore someone not submitting stats should not exclude a player.

At a district level, at least in the Commonwealth, all of the coaches lock down together and submit a player from their team for each position. Coaches submit stats to support their nomination. All coaches vote, coaches can not vote for their player and all votes are voiced in front of everyone, there are no secret ballots... The player with the greatest number of votes receives the honor. To me this seems reasonable and probably the best approach.

I "think" on a regional level the only coaches allowed to vote are those that won their district OR won a berth to regions through their district tournaments. If this is correct this excludes a lot of coaches and potentially a lot of players....

I have NO CLUE as to how the States selections are made..... But in my opinion it is very difficult at best to select 4 position players and 6 outfielders and say "they are the best" in the state without controversy. How many people contributing to this forum have seen every player mentioned play? Have you seen every AAA player in the state? Have those who prepared this list seen eveyone? If not, how can you be sure....

Congratulations to all of these players selected, I'm sure they are all deserving in some regard. But I'm also sure there are deserving players who are not on this list.....
Last edited by Flying Dutchman