Skip to main content

Reply to "VHSCA 2009 AAA All State Baseball Team"

Very Good posting Flying Dutchman, I was beginning to wonder if some people forgot to at least congratulate ALL of the boys selected. "On a happier and more appropriate note", I'm sure NO ONE can say that they were not deserving of the accolades with the seasons they had. Were there some deserving players left out? ABOSOLUTELY, but the process, broke or not, is the only one in the state year after year. If people have a problem with it then go to the source of the issue and change it!

How I was told by our High School Coach, follows along with how Flying Dutchman explained it, with a little more detail:

Districts:
All coaches, within their district, meet at end of season, before district playoffs and select 1st, 2nd, and HM teams. This is the only time that coaches meet before any playoffs before they happen.

Regionals:
All coaches, involved in the regional playoffs meet after completion and vote. The only players eligible are 1st team players from their respected district's honors.

States: (this is where the snafuu may be)
All coaches, involved in states and regionals, are to submit all stats up to this point of 1st team and POY candidates to their regional reps after states are over. The 4 Regional reps meet and vote on what they have in front of them that was supposed to be provided by the coaches.

So it sounds like if anybody has any issues with the selections made, they need to go to VHSL and vent their disagreements there.

BUT, in the mean time CONGRATULATIONS to all that were selected and WELL DESERVED!!!