Skip to main content

Reply to "VIDEO CLIPS PLEASE.."

Linear,

This is kind of amazing. Jim VanScoyac (pronounced Van Scoy) is not only a good friend, but he also works for us.

There is a movie being filmed this summer named "The Final Season". Sam Elliott plays Jim VanScoyac. The guy that played "Rudy" (Notre Dame) is also in the movie. Jim became the coach at Norway, IA and coached several guys who ended up playing in the Big Leagues. They won more games than anyone in Iowa high school history. Van Scoyac then became a pitching coach in the Detroit Tigers organization.

One of Jim's players was Bruce Kimm who played in the Big Leagues (catcher) and coached in the MLB for many years with Jim Leyland. World Series ring with the Marlins, and was with the Pirates when Barry Bonds was there. Bruce and I were two of the original people who started PG. Now Jim VanScoyac is head of our instruction department.

A couple other close friends... After you left Iowa State, Larry Corrigan became the Head Coach and later was the Minnesota Twins Scouting Director. Still works for the Twins (Special assignment) and lives in Ft Myers, FL. We see him every time we go there. Later Lyle Smith became the head coach up until the time they dropped baseball at Iowa State. Lyle also worked with us for a few years.

I had several friends that went to Kirksville. Is that now Truman State? One of my best friends was a kid named Larry Anderson, he was a pitcher. To this day he had one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Ended up getting hurt (probably TJ would have helped, but it didn't exist back then! Larry later became a catcher in the Major Open for Modern Piping, another National Level team.

There's probably a lot of people that we both know. Thanks for the memories.

By the way, you're really starting to prove a few points here. I like the video (still don't totally agree) but admire your persistance. I do think your clips have got me to thinking.

Most of all, it's obvious you're a player (or was one). That makes a big difference in my mind. When I see clips of someone who obviously never played trying to show how things are done, no matter how much sense they make, it's just hard to pay close attention.

Please, quit being an a-hole (at times)! you have so much to offer in these discussions. I think everyone knows it, but you get caught up in personal battles (sometimes) instead of just giving good info for people to think about. You don't have to be #1, I think everyone knows your real good!

I, for one, appreciate your input, almost always! Besides you're too old, fat and good lookin to be fighting all the time. Next time I get in your neck of the woods, I'd like to look you up, except I'm scared you'd kick my skinny old a**! JMO baseball3