Skip to main content

Reply to "Video Posted of Martinez at Cockfight"

We just need to learn to prioritize better, it seems that it’s ok to kill animals for food and hide for our baseball gloves, but not for betting on who dies first in a ring. Maybe if the cooock fighters or dog fighters could justify that they were using the roosters feather for hats or down to keep us warm it would be ok. Or if the dog fighters could say that they just raise the dogs for food and the dog that wins the most taste the best and its ok. In some countries they eat dog, cats and chickens.

I just find it odd that sometimes our society seems to cares more about animal abuse, than human abuse at times.

We, who live in this country, can justify certain things better than others. I for one have not been brought up to eat dog or cat. But I love my fried chicken and when I was young I use to go “Pick Eggs” as a kid for my uncle in his chicken coupe. And I remember this rooster that use to try to spur me. The same rooster I got as a little peep for Easter that we thought was a chicken but turned out to be a rooster. I will not go into detail about the demise of that rooster because it spurred one to many people.

But I sure do remember going out after church and watching my uncle cut heads off of chickens and toss them into a 55 gal. Drum till they die and I remember vividly the time my uncle missed the drum and the chicken went running around the barn yard with its head cut off. That chicken went full speed running into stuff; my uncles finally caught it and tossed it into the drum till it bled out.

My Grandmother use to make the best and crispiest fried chicken on Sundays.

This subject is mixture of Ethics and where you are brought up and how society can frown on others. IMHO

God bless,

drill
Last edited by Drill