Skip to main content

Reply to "Villanova"

Thanks RJM!

I always respect and enjoy reading your comments in past years. Appreciate your sharing the information. Yes, it seems still no locker room and concessions.

A strong wind from the left means an advantage for LHH?

@RJM posted:

Every year for the eighteen years I lived near the Villanova field we heard an on campus field was being planned. Unless something has changed since last season, thirty years later the field is still in Plymouth Meeting (eight and a half miles from campus) and lacking a locker room, rest rooms and concessions (unless you consider a grease truck pulling up concessions).

If you’re a right handed hitter a strong wind blows in from left in the spring. it also has an outrageous about of foul territory.

In 2023 they were 14-37 overall and 7-13 in conference. In a good year Villanova gets to .500 overall beating up in inferior local D1’s. Last year they were 4-7 against the locals.

The head coach has been there seven years. He’s 99-195. That he’s kept his job tells you winning is not a priority.

Doesn’t this tell you all you need to know about the competitiveness of the program from the coach’s profile?

“Mulvey can look back on having built a solid foundation for the future of the program. While the progress may not appear in the win column, he and his staff have created a positive culture centered on the complete student-athlete experience. The results of that focus paid immediate dividends from the standpoints of academic achievement, community involvement and alumni support.”

The next two paragraphs talk about grades and community service. Eventually the profile talks about his coaching and the accomplishments (?) of the baseball team.

My kids went away for college ball. The more talented kids do. My daughter went to grad school in Philadelphia. Their attitude is you want to walk around town with your nose in the air and an attitude you fart perfume (polite version of another phrase) Villanova is the place to go. It’s snobby and preppy.