Skip to main content

Reply to "Virginia HB273: Interscholastic activities; exclusive use of wood baseball bats"

Guys,

That is the best you can do, "Anyone who thinks baseball is boring, wood or metal, does not understand the game" and "Have you ever been to a WWBA tournament" to explain all of your posts?

Everyone agrees the metal bat has a larger sweat spot. Would it not be safe to say because of this it produces more hits? Would it also not be safe to say the kids like getting more hits? You think they enjoy the game more when the hits are happening and the runs are scoring? It is not a matter of understanding the game (I get, I think you do to) it is about the game being more enjoyable for the kids. Remember it is a game, the more enjoyable the greater participation. Regarding the WWBA tournament. Been there multiple times, great tournament. Now let me ask you how many of the kids playing at the tournament are the "average" HS player? The fact is the kids playing at WWBA are the "above average" player and the above average kid can swing wood and produce.