Skip to main content

Reply to "VT Decommit"

Originally Posted by joemktg:
Originally Posted by PGStaff:

1) What bothers me the most is wondering how much PG indirectly played a part in all of this.

2) This is what recruiters spend endless hours doing.  That is why it is so surprising to hear about sending recruiting emails to college coaches. They already know who they want and it is impossible to get all of the ones they want.  Not saying the email introductions and putting together personal websites never work, but I think people need to know those are not likely to turn out well. At least, not if the target is a high level DI.

RE: 1) To quote Hyman Roth: "This is the business we've chosen."

RE: 2) Beg to differ, and I had the evidence that showed who visited the boy's web site, who clicked on his emails, and who clicked from his emails to the web site. Lots of high level D1s...lots. And not necessarily from the recruiting coordinator, but the head coach as well.

I don't think that was his point.  The information on the website was most likely not the reason that initial interest was garnered.  He was probably seen somewhere previously, and the looks on the website were a result of that.

I can tell you that "cold calling" doesn't work real well with these coaches.  Sometimes it does, but not nearly as well as you would think.