Skip to main content

Reply to "Waiting on ED........"

Chico Escuela posted:
fenwaysouth posted:

Chico - Never heard of that happening....a likely letter after the ED deadline had passed?  Wow.   I wouldn't be too worried as they've gone out of process to make sure your son got the LL.  They clearly knew what they were doing.

I was never very worried (maybe less than I should have been).  The letter was nice reassurance, although odd because 1) the HC didn't mention during several conversations that LLs were even a possibility at his school.  And 2) the fact it came after my son had filed his ED app made me wonder if some other recruit didn't pan out and so the coach had an extra chit to use.  Anyhow, we will have an admissions decision on Dec. 15...

Seems pretty standard. They can't issue a LL until AFTER the application has been submitted. In fact, all of these things probably have to occur first:

1. Application submitted by prospective student-athlete

2. Financial aid form submitted as well as given a basic look ensuring all supporting documentation has also been submitted (W2's, 1040's, Schedule C's, etc).  And of course the required forms cannot be known until the FA application has been received and given a decent review. Of course if you checked the box "I don't need any money because I'm filthy rich" then this step is unnecessary.

2. EA application deadline has passed. I would imagine it would not be considered proper to send a LL before all ED applications have been received.