Skip to main content

Reply to "Waiting on ED........"

JCG: the texted request from HC about uni sizes did prompt a sigh of relief as well, but after that one sigh I put the guard back up!

Not wanting to hijack this informative thread on ED, I’ll chime in elsewhere on son’s experience with labrum surgery, his Medical RS year, his ongoing rehab, and his hopes to pitch in the latter half of 2020 season for his D3 assuming shoulder is where it needs to be.  He reports to D3 in January.   Moving him out of his D1 school apartment next weekend.  

Most HA D3s do not offer mid-year transfers.  However a rare few do, with a November 1 application deadline.  I’m still a little foggy on the details, but it appears that recruited athlete transfers are “in” with the ED HS recruits.....sort of?  But also in their own little weird category, as they’re also with regular students looking to transfer in.  Had pre-read, slot, overnight visit, etc. but was clearly in a different “lane” due to being a transfer recruit and not a HS recruit.  The seemingly unconventional nature of son’s application path (as a mid-year athlete transfer) did not help my stress level!  As it seemed he was walking a trail, that was very overgrown, and had very little foot traffic.  The term “bushwhacking” seems appropriate.

Thanks for the well wishes JCG.   

Last edited by #1 Assistant Coach