Skip to main content

Reply to "Was this handled the right way?"

fenwaysouth posted:

This could have been handled a whole lot better by the HC.  I don't care what the circumstance are.   A player can't be pulling this crap.   I know for a fact this would not have been tolerated by any High School, American Legion or Travel coach my kids played for.   I would have got a phone call, and it would have gone down hill very quickly for my son.  

At the very least the kid owes the AC and team an apology, team suspension, parental meeting to discuss and sort this out.  Possibly some field maintenance duty and an hour long lesson to how to bunt correctly for the team would also be in order.  At the most, he should be kicked off the team.   When his college coach checks up on this recruit that will be an interesting conversation about how he got kicked off the team.

The HC needs to find his spine.   It is probably in the tool shed next to the field rake, tamper and field grooming equipment.

We’re cut from the same cloth, Fenway...and I’m a big believer in second chances.  The level of disrespect here is really concerning to me, but again, this is my opinion. 

Does anyone here think that he would do that next year in college? I don’t. 

Disclaimer: My comments are solely based on the situation happening exactly as described by the OP.

My opinions are subject to change if facts and true accounts where lost in translation. :-)

Last edited by hshuler