Skip to main content

Reply to "WCAC 2010"

Agree, Roy, that Radford can be a great school for alot of kids. It sort of points out why we have a range of educational choices, from trade schools to Oxford/Cambridge.

The weather seems to be cooperating for getting the season off about on time (rain is supposed to end today, followed by a string of sunny days with warming temperatures). PVI scrimmages McLean on Monday at PVI. I think that will be played on a field in pretty good condition, or could be moved to Waters Field while PVI's field continues to dry out. When do St. John's, DeMatha, BI, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, etc. all kick off the season?

I am still looking for PVI to be the regular season winner of the WCAC, due primarily to very deep pitching. I am also still convinced that St. John's, DeMatha, or Good Counsel could win the tournament. I have heard very positive views about O'Connell being a contender, as well. Gonzaga lost Carroll to Oakton (curious, since Gonzaga's coaches had bent over backwards for him, starting him as a freshman when much better upperclassmen were relegated to 2B, 3B, or the bench). Don't know if Gonzaga has the talent to contend. BI, SMR, and McNamara look to be near the bottom, but you never know with these teams. In 2008, BI beat nationally ranked PVI TWICE!

Over/under on Jake Taylor's HR total is 12.