Skip to main content

Reply to "Wearing wrist bands with signals on them."

Gotta have some help until I get used to what’s goin’ on.

Looking at the 1st batter of the game, nobody on and no outs, it looks like the 1st pitch was a FB taken for a ball. That would mean the 2nd pitch was 10 but it’s listed as 01. It looks like that pitch was taken for a strike which would make the next pitch on a 11 count. That pitch was a FB for a ball so the next pitch would be 21. It looks like it was a swinging strike on a FB to make the count 22. That pitch was an OS pitch for a ball making it 32 and the next pitch was a FB ball for a walk.

The 2nd PA for the #1 BPos was pretty easy. 1 out 2 runners on. FB for a swinging strike. Curve for a swinging strike. FB for another swinging strike.

The 3rd PA is a bit difficult. 2 outs, runners on 1st and 3rd. 1st pitch was a swinging strike. 2nd pitch was an swinging strike on an OS pitch, but it looks like there was a play on and a runner was thrown out on a POCS. That should end the PA, but the result column has F8 in it.

That would make it the end of the inning, but the 3rd PA for the #2 BPos starts with 1 out.

Once again, I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU LOOK BAD!! I’m just pointing out what might pose problems for someone trying to enter the data. I’m guessing you might have a team manager or some other volunteer doing that, which only makes sense. But if that’s the case, they’ll be like me and be trying to reconcile what they see on the sheet with what they know about what the markings mean.

I’m slowly working out the bugs, but it’s definitely getting better.