Skip to main content

Reply to "Weighted Balls Velocity Program"

"On a sidenote in 12 years working with MLB players I've never seen a player engage in a weighted ball program."

At last count we have 56 pros training using our stuff, 10 of whom have innings in the big leagues. And the entire Cleveland Indians pitching staff uses them at Goodyear and on the road. Pretty impressed you could miss that many pitchers given how huge your clientele must be.

Also the former team you were the Head S&C coach for has players using them. Mariano Rivera used them while you were there, and multiple people on the big league staff currently use them while many more in AAA (and down) use them there.

So I find it pretty hard to believe you hadn't run into anyone there. But I guess I could be wrong.

As for the EMG data, it's sources from Somaxis/Noraxon/Athos EMG sensors we have in house. If I thought it would change one person's mind, I might open source it. But as I've talked on this subject for years and given away tons of data, I see that no doubter is actually interested in truth, only confirmation bias. So everyone can do things their way, I'll do things my way, and results will be what they are. At this point in my career with the success my guys have had and business increase we have, I don't care to debate or try to convince anyone. 

Last edited by Kyle Boddy