Skip to main content

Reply to "Weighted Balls Velocity Program"

CoachJackE posted:

This one is Tom House's program.  It is a bit different than Boddy's, as it has the element of "holding" in it.  That is, players don't throw some balls - they will hold on to them in order to work decelerator muscles.  This is important, but holds are not the only way to work the decelerator muscles, nor are they probably the best way.  

I would like to see some video trials done by individuals using various tools and programs - showing whether or not  they work for them.  Jaeger Long toss   House's weighted ball program   Driveline's version of weighted ball program    Crossover symmetry   Wheeler's core velocity belt  etc  these would have to be done with good scientific regimen, rigor and care  

Our instructor has a Somax hip trainer.  They (the makers) have a video purporting to show a young man gaining 10 mph on his fastball after twelve minutes of work on the device.  I would love to try to replicate their work with my son and post the results to video.  Sort of a myth busters type thing. 

Boy.  My whole post is confusing and hard to understand.  Sorry.