Skip to main content

Reply to "Went Wieters"

Midlo Dad and PG,
I think you got the message. Trying to close (when you are not a closer) a game at 1:30 am, waiting all day to relieve and then told to pound the strike zone wasn't easy task.

I wasn't going to comment further, but here goes.

Shep,
Yeah, wheels fell off, that last inning was not his best and messed up his ERA, but who really cares at this point. He got the W and with the ACC win CU secured a #1 seed for the NCAA playoffs. I'll take the drop in ERA anyday for the look on son's face when he stood with his team mates to receive their honors.
All you had to do was go to the ACC website for the boxscore, but I know you had to get your comments about DK in there. How professional of you.

Chairman,
Your stinging comments, and something you said once in another post leaves questions as to who you really are. I am surprised at you.

The story Sean Clark who spent most of his college time on the bench (much due to injury) is a great inspirational story, the kind of story that should come out of championship games. This is what it is all about. So folks, know that your player sitting on the bench has a chance to be the HERO.

We had plenty of arms left to get the job done. I suppose if our coach didn't care about his pitchers, our starters could have been used again for a few innings apiece yesterday. There is a tourny limit for innings pitched none of ours used up the limit, though I understand GT did. And NCST, what a great story for them, one of the underdogs making the championship game!

I went Weiters years ago, this is a young man who has an incredible future. I understand he is suffering from a sore elbow. Couple of high profile guys at the tourney just think it is incredible that a top D1 school has to rely on one player (who is one of the best players in the country) to catch, DH and close, game after game. This is in no way negative toward him, just concerned. They are all hoping when his next draft year comes around he is ok.
Last edited by TPM