Skip to main content

Reply to "West Chester Canceled 2021 Baseball Season"

I am an adjunct professor at a college near the HS where I teach. I am one of the 7 out of 70+ courses offered at the U in my department that are fully taught in person (a few students have opted remote). I was SO GLAD when the "covid limit" of my classroom changed so that I could accommodate all 30 of my students. I wanted to teach this way having one student in college (presently) and a second graduating a few years ago. Tuition is $$$ to learn lessons on the computer and have no face to face interaction with the professor. In several cases I am the only in person course for a number of my students. A few students have approached me me after class to converse, seemingly just to have someone to interact with. Another student (same situation, all other classes virtual) said he really looks forward to coming to the class. This class will go virtual from Thanksgiving break to end of semester, mid December.

My HS teaching is actually tougher under the hybrid model, where you only see half the students at a time, and the others are home zooming.  It's a compromise. You cannot neglect the social interaction these teens receive just being around their friends.