Skip to main content

Reply to "West Chester Canceled 2021 Baseball Season"

@JCG posted:

College students are getting that, even if there is no in-person instruction.

https://www.latimes.com/califo...ke-in-covid-19-cases

This is true in West Chester, where I live and where students are living in off campus houses all around town. Last week the borough had to enforce mask wearing in public because cases nearly doubled in the last 30 days compared to the last 6 months. College kids (and others) are partying in houses and going around town without masks like normal. Chester County Health Department stats show that 68% of the new cases were in people ages 18-22. So maybe if the college kids want to return to in person school and have sports they should act more responsibly. It's a tough lesson to learn, but they did it to themselves.

The same applies to the country as a whole. If we embraced some simple behaviors like wearing a mask when you can't be apart from people, and actually had an effective testing and tracing program that we participate in with personal accountability, we'd have been able to return to something like normalcy already. Businesses would be doing much better already. Canada did it. But we'd rather just ignore it and pretend everything's fine and people are hysterical. Now with cold weather and flu season coming, do you think cases will be going up or down soon? They're already trending up in northern states where it's gotten colder. This isn't rocket science or politics - it's common sense around how viruses work. So tired of all the BS.

I'm sure I'm not changing anyone's mind with this post and I won't be responding since it's a futile argument and waste of my time. But the light of truth has to be shined on all this madness.