Skip to main content

Reply to "West coast D2 Naia D3"

I have sent players to a few, have watched a few and son has friends on a few.  I have been at every campus.  What type of info are you looking for? 

I see you live in SD so you are probably quite familiar with the amazing campus location and field that Point Loma has.   All have a Christian emphasis to varying degrees except Pomona.   Pomona and Westmont are consistently at or near the top of their conference and regular post-season participants.  Pomona plays in the toughest conference of the schools you listed and typically has the most depth, particularly with pitching.  The others have schedules with frequent cupcakes, particularly Westmont's schedule the last few years.  They all have at least decent baseball programs.  Many coming into these programs, particularly the D3 and NAIA Christian schools, find it surprising how much of a business the baseball aspect is and how challenging it can be to crack the roster. 

Westmont campus and field are also off the charts good, up in the hills with a view of Santa Barbara in a very wealthy neighborhood.  Quite small.

Azusa is much more "in town" than the others and the campus a bit older and definitely not as impressive as the others.  The field is nice but a bit quirky, fit into a small space. 

Pomona is quite spread out and nice but inland, more dry and the location not as "ideal" as Westmont or Point Loma.

I had a player who was a low-mid level D1 talent OF who went to Westmont and it took him three years to get regular PT.

Another point of reference... an IF I am familiar with in very recent years had trouble getting PT at Azusa and then went to SD Christian and was a regular starter.

Last edited by cabbagedad