Skip to main content

Reply to "West coast D2 Naia D3"

My 2017 looked at a number of these schools and now competes in the CCAA, and his former pitching coach is now the head coach at Point Loma (great guy).  I fully agree with 2BOYDAD that you cannot go wrong with any of these schools, at least in terms of the baseball programs.  They are all very solid programs, and consistently so, with respected coaches. 

Asuza and CPP are likely to rely more on transfers and JuCos than the other programs are, but there are some kids who are part of them for all 4 years.  If I read your reply correctly and your son is getting some athletic money considerations, he is likely good enough to be a contributor at these or any of these schools.

Each campus and school has a definitely different "vibe" to it, so by all means, be sure to take the coach up on a campus visit.  If possible, have your son attend a class, eat in the cafeteria, stay overnight, etc.  He could really sense a difference in student life, and one of the schools he determined was too small and devout to interest him after he visited.   So I highly recommend checking them out before making any decision.

Of course the weather is great for all of them, but it is pretty hard to beat San Diego!