Skip to main content

Reply to "What age is too young for showcase & camps?"

TRHit,
Dont worry, your not bursting my bubble and no one here is wearing rose colored glasses. Point of the AD & the coaches doing the stop watch is the fact Dad is not timing. I knew his time was around 2.0 (which 2.0 is great in my book) before he started his off season arm condition which was custom made by himself of reverse bench presses, med ball squats and tubing exercises among other things. This kids throw to 2B doesnt go over 4 ft from the ground. Its an absolute bullet.
I dont have anything to prove here just asking for some opinions from what i think is a group of educated coaches and parents on when do you let this kid go out and show his stuff. I dont want to create too much hype too young, he already does that when he plays, but he wants to do some showcases and college camps as something new as middle school ball is weak to him and travel ball he's done alot of. He cant play varsity yet so I think some minor showcases and camps would be okay for him to try out. As per his pop time, even if everyone is .25 or .50 off, we are still happy with it.
Once again thanks for all the comments from everyone.