Skip to main content

Reply to "What age is too young for showcase & camps?"

Maybe I shouldnt have brought this up here. woops. Anyway, alot of real bad assumptions in this neighborhood. I wont get into a long story of this kids history of playing (Its not like he just picked up a ball) or that his older brothers, dad and grandpa didnt play. Or the a long story about having these pop times were checked by a major college person last week (game time) or the fact that last fall he was catching juniors & seniors. Pop times over the past week are all under 2.0. Pick off to first is pretty incredible,very quick.
Bottom line is we are going to let the kid do as he wishes. 3 little ones this year. If you notice above, for 2 of the three he'll be 15. I do however see some issues with this as he gets ready to enter high school and gets ready to try and make the varsity team, I guess this is somewhat the issue with a young kid attending showcases with alot of upper classman. We are sensing this with school ball in full swing.

If a kid wants to be an engineer and designs an airplane or building, do you let him enter a design contest when he is only a freshman and contending with seniors. Yes, if the kid wants to test his skills against upper competition, you do. If you hold him back, thats not being much of a parent.

Thanks a bunch.