Skip to main content

Reply to "What am I missing!!!"

@PitchingFan posted:

RJM.  Ever heard of a kid by the name Bryce Harper.  His parents rented him out every week from the time he was 12 to 18.  He was a pay to play kid.  People and SI called them crazy but I'm guessing IMO it worked out pretty good for him financially.  Still don't care for his antics on the field like I didn't at 12 but oh well.  I'm not saying it will work out for this kid but there are plenty out there that it worked out for.  I'm also willing to bet the apartment they live in is very cheap in Valdosta Georgia.  They are a powerhouse for the past 30 years.  When Nick Hyder was alive, they pulled the same things back in the 80's so it is the school not the coach.  They are known for doing whatever it takes to win. 

Harper was seen as a potential once in a lifetime talent. There are other variables at play with this kid. I’m not going to get more into it. Let’s remember his name, if we can.

I’m going to stop posting on this subject. We’re breaking one of hsbaseballweb’s unwritten rules regarding discussing negatives of teen amateur athletes.

My excuse is I think the parents are crazy. While it’s only a paper transaction of convenience they must not have a lot of respect for their marriage. 

Last edited by RJM