Skip to main content

Reply to "What are my chances?"

How bad do you want to play in college? If you have no limitations then there is no problem. Many of the D-3 and JUCO programs here in NC have JV teams. Ive had several players that could not start for us go on to play JV college baseball. After a year or two several went on to actually play varsity and some have been main contributers. Its all a matter of how bad you want to do it and if you have any limitations you put on the situation.

Your size is meaningless. The fact is most hs players are under 6'0 and weight about what you do. If you have some talent and a big desire to play in college there is a place for you. It might be on a JV team for a couple of years. You might never make it off the JV team who knows. Thats up to you. Contact Methodist College a D-3 program in NC. NC Wesleyan in NC another D-3 program. Guilford College or Greensboro College both D-3 programs in NC.

I have a player at Methodist that was a very average HS catcher. But he was a tremendous kid with a bigtime work ethic. He loved the game and wanted to play in college regardless of the situation. He is now the assistant coach of the JV program. Get on the phone. Get on the emails.

There are numerous JUCO's here in NC that have JV teams. If you wait for someone to call you , you will be waiting 10 years from now for that call that will never come. Get busy if your serious. There is a place for every kid that truly wants to play in college. You just have to get out there and find it. PM me if your interested in any programs in NC. Drive your butt down here and I will evaluate you. I will then make some calls for you. Or call TR and see what he can do for you.

How bad do you really want to play? That is the real question. Your HT and WT mean nothing.