Skip to main content

Reply to "What are you doing to celebrate your senior?"

My son is graduating from HS and goes to a boarding school. Everyone has been home since mid-march, when spring break started. So, they just sent out the plans for festivities yesterday.  They will mail cap and gown, any honor society cords, and diplomas to your home. Starting Monday, we can print out lawn signs. We have our virtual baseball banquet on June 1st.  We sent in little league pics so expecting a tear-jerker video montage. Virtual graduation will be the day it should have been live, June 5th. So, they will announce the names and such.  At least our family can watch it remotely with us and we can have our immediate family together to celebrate.  I'm so glad we will have his cap and gown for pics. The ones the school took earlier were after practice and gowns over they're uniforms since they did those pics at the same time. Not the best. 

So, I'm glad to hear how others will be celebrating in this bizarro world we're living in. Here's hoping Fall semesters start normally and those graduating college can start or find jobs. 

Heavy sigh. Keep smiling and stay hopeful everyone!!