Skip to main content

Reply to "What are your players swinging?"

@947 posted:

It's not a 23' Voodoo One, but those are reported to still have the same knob issue. The red version & the newer gold version are the exact same bat with different paint jobs.

It is more than that.  I googled Voodoo One Gold Bat knob issue and a good blog post came up explaining the issue clearly:

https://betterbaseball.com/blog/voodoo-one-durability

Beyond that, when my grandson got his replacement bat last summer, the end cap was different and the knob did seem to be reinforced over the old version of the bat.  They sent us back a red bat but I believe they gave us the new 23 version as a replacement.  Then in the fall, a parent called Demarini, and they told them they were aware of the two issues (end cap, and knob), and they would be fixed in the '23 gold version.  Thus, they went ahead and bought the gold version last fall.  As a point of reference, with respect to my grandson's replacement bat, I am sure he has hit several thousand baseball's by now and the end cap is still intact.  On the original bat, the end cap began to chip off almost immediately.

Here's the thing.  That bat is an excellent performance bat.  Assuming someone buys one and the knob comes off, a replacement can be had with Demarini.  Yes, there are some shipping costs and it takes about 10 days for the new one to get back to you.