Skip to main content

Reply to "What are your players swinging?"

So, from everything I've learned over the years, and I could be wrong.

1. All top made bbcor bats are essentially similar performance as far as how far you hit the ball

2. The difference comes in your ability to find barrels based on the right size bat and it's swing weight

3. discomfort on mishits is when you don't find barrel, my suggestion, learn to find more barrels

4. sweet spot is not where the bat performs the hottest, but where you don't get rung up,   the hottest spot just happens to be in the sweet spot.  I believe that hottest spot is all the same size on every bat of same size.

5. You can tell how big the sweet spot is on a 1-piece and wood bat without ever hitting it.

6. batbros is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I will tell you that, and I don't think it's on purpose, they tend to hype up a bat then later grow cold on it (durability not withstanding). It's like a kid with a new toy.  You'll see them hit two balls, both go just as far but they'll tell you one bat is hotter than the other (usually in separate video's you can see this).  My explanation, it's really about how the bat feels to you.  you like how it feels and omg it's the hottest bat with the greatest pop.  (two piece composit on composit are a different animal in bbcor)

7. Heavier the bat, the father the ball goes, if you can swing it.