Skip to main content

Reply to "What criteria are you looking for in a Summer team (Pre-HS)"

Just to be clear, I haven't mentioned exposure once....my main concern is that he wants to find a good team, where he isn't the star.  This sounded odd to me, but he did clarify that if he is the best pitcher he will always pitch and not be able to catch because they are saving him for pitcher.  If he's always batting 3rd or 4th there is nothing pushing him to make himself swing better/harder/faster....he's a really competitive kid and I guess he's trying to tell me that he wants more...just trying to figure out how to get him in front of a team that has more, and which of the "Moore's" are important for development.

*shrug*...I would prefer he be on the same team for the next 4 years and find a good home for the long term, so maybe that is a good avenue to try to focus on.  Which teams have decent 16u/17u/18u teams.

As for what teams have we played that he liked the look of, there have been a few but they are geographically undesirable, as is where bballman thinks he should be playing, lol!